NATCOMP 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 ( 1:37 am )

Hola Amigos. NATCOMP was actually two days ago, but I only managed to get the camera's USB cable today so here I go sharing away. Sha, her friend Eezwan, her sister, Laila, Laila's boyfriend, Ikhwan and I went together all the way to Bukit Jalil, where NATCOMP was held. So how was NATCOMP? Wait, what is NATCOMP? Well, NATCOMP is just short for National Band Competition. Ladidadida lets get on with life.

Well then! NATCOMP was brilliant. All the competing bands were amazing and unique in every way. The audience, wow; NATCOMP couldn't be more lively without you lot(and....that would include me screaming in public. Huhaa (Y)). One of the best things that happened that day that absolutely positively tidly tuddly blew me away was the support everyone gave to their school. Even the parents were very VERY supportive and proud. JUST LOOK AT 'EM PROUD JOHANNIANS!



Well enough of the supporters, and on with the show! Sekolah Tun Fatimah(STF) did a pretty good job at an attempt of GAGA MADNESS. And I for one liked their performance as I am a Gaga fan(despite the Illuminati controversy) as I like what's good and weird :) But perhaps it takes more than a "show" to beat Sultanah Asma(SAS) and St.John(SJI). Although they did not get any placing or win any of the categories, I believe they did a great job and have improved tremendously over the years. Thank you for making them Johoreans proud, STF Band.

Kolej Sultan Abdul Hamid(KSAH) on the other hand, manage to pull off their theme, "Fallen Heroes" very well. The played a number from Pirates of the Caribbean, The Mask of Zorro, The Incredibles(my favourite), and Malaysia's very own hit movie, Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa (Yusry must be so proud. Huzah! ). Being boys, they managed to put alot of humour into it. KSAH got in third with 71.80 points. Congrats!



SJI did well with their numbers and formation. They never fail to disappoint anyone, I suppose. Their colourguards were beautiful. The choreography and the props, I mean. I am aware that they are BOYS, you know. -.-' Well they were 1st runner up. Job well done, boys.



And finally, the winner with 82.70 points, and the theme "Mulan", SAS Band beats the boys again. Their performance, their percussion, their colourguards, their hornline; EPIC. You girls were very SASsy out there. Mhehehe. I can't deny that you manage to give me goosebumps, which is absolutely good. Because good music gives me goosebumps. Thank you for saying yes to GIRL POWER! Felicidades!



I had fun. Glad I got to share those moments with my good friends. And not forgetting Nazrin, who made a very good effort to come join me in something he's never been interested in. Kudos! And thank you to Kitt as well for reserving the tickets for us. Gracias amigos!




Til then. Toodles






     
© 2006-2011 The Real Life. All rights reserved. *Best viewed in Chrome (1280 x 800 pixels)