HANNA
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 ( 11:50 pm )

I got one word for you. Well.. actually one name.
HANNA.


May I just say it is the utmost amazing supergirl, kick ass, secret asset of the government action movie I've ever seen. If you're a fan of Mission Impossible, James Bond(perhaps), Salt, and all that super action hero, kick-arse-in-a-super-super-cool-way, fighting-and-shooting-and-killing-many-many-many-people-at-once kind of movie, then Hanna is a MUST WATCH! Only if you're into that kind, though. But why oh why oh why is it so? WELL THEN! Enough with the "whys" and on with the reasons!

REASON 1: THE CAST
As I watch the first scene of the movie, I begin to wonder. Those eyes, they're beautiful. She's beautiful. Effortlessly beautiful. Now, who have I said about this before? Ahah! And then that voice.. "My name is Salmon. Like the fish." Why isn't it Little Miss Innocent, Susie Salmon! Saoirse Ronan played young, beautiful, 13-year-old Susie Salmon in The Lovely Bones. Ahh, you know that lovely movie don't you? The one with the nice lighting and the wicked animation and that scary lonely man in the green house. Anyway, Ronan is Hanna! Indeed she is. And she played her role very well. Her soft voice, the look in her eyes, just like the ones Susie Salmon had. It's just that this time Ronan goes blonde. And kills people.. Excruciatingly. Eek.


That "I could eat you right now if I wanted to" look.

Anyways, moving on to the next best cast in line, Eric Bana. Him, and his fake accent. Well, what is there to say. This fella did a great job in Hulk, Troy, Time Traveller's Wife, no? But then again, I really couldn't take him that seriously after watching Funny People. Sorry Eric :) And last but not least, one of my favourite actresses, Cate Blanchett. In this movie, Cate plays Marissa. And in all movies, there is a bad guy. And in this movie, Marissa is the bad guy. And I just have to say, Cate has beautiful eyes. Huzah!



REASON 2: THE MUSIC
OK. I am not as much of a soundtrack geek as my brother, but I must say that Hanna's soundtrack really gets me into the movie. No, not literally ofcourse. But it just works with the movie. And I absolutely love it. It's like something on the shelf and you just have to have because you like it that much. Kudos to The Chemical Brothers for composing such great music. Although to listen to it, per se, might not be for me, it would probably work for my lame-o brother. Definitely recommending it to him.

Here's the track list of the soundtrack of Hanna:
1. Hanna’s theme
2. escape 700
3. chalice 1
4. the devil is in the details
5. map sounds / chalice 2
6. the forest
7. quayside synthesis
8. the sandman
9. Marissa flashback
10. bahnhof rumble
11. the devil is in the beats
12. car chase (arp worship)
13. interrogation / lonesome subway / Grimm’s house
14. Hanna vs Marissa
15. sun collapse
16. special ops
17. escape wavefold
18. isolated howl
19. container park
20. Hanna’s theme (vocal version)



REASON 3: THE REST OF THE MOVIE
Well then, you'll just have to watch it now, don't you?

Watch it or don't watch it, definitely up to you lot. All I have to say about this movie directed by Joe Wright is, me encanta!



Til then, keep smiling :)







     
© 2006-2011 The Real Life. All rights reserved. *Best viewed in Chrome (1280 x 800 pixels)