LOTM: Amy Winehouse Dead at 27
Sunday, July 24, 2011 ( 7:29 pm )

Amy Winehouse



Well, as the world may already know, Amy Winehouse recently passed away in her home, at the age of 27(which I for one think it is at an unbelievably young age).

"Amy Winehouse was found dead in her apartment in London today ... TMZ has confirmed.


A press release from the Metropolitan Police, which doesn't specifically name Winehouse, says:

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.

On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."

Winehouse famously battled addiction to drugs and alcohol and was in and out of rehab several times throughout the years.

Last month, Winehouse canceled her European tour after a performance in Serbia where she seemed completely out of it.

She was 27."

-via TMZ.COM


Amy Winehouse.
What can be said about Amy Winehouse? Well sure there's a plenty of you lot out there probably think she's a good-for-nothing singer. Well yeah if you look at how she regularly looks and all that tattoo on her arm, she's probably a bad ass, no? Well to tell you the truth, I absolutely don't know her. But I do know her music. She is one heck of a singer. She is indeed a wonderful singer and I can never stop myself from enjoying her songs. Rehab, Back to Black, Valerie, Amy Amy Amy; those are brilliant songs! And I'm most positive that there are more brilliant songs that I have yet to hear. Her voice is no doubt amazing as it is. So there's something good to remember her by, no? And you dare DENY that her music is better than any of those crappy, techno, upbeat, make-no-sense-in-their-lyrics, what-the-hey-are-they-chatting-about songs(which I probably do not fancy that much and some of you may do. No offense amigos) that are frequently played on the radio? But ofcourse I love her music as I am a jazz fan. I know people, I know. She's definitely another Gaga, or Gaga's probably another Winehouse. She's weird and you can hardly get a decent photo of her off Google. But believe me, her music never fails to make me move that head of mine and just feel that beat with joy. Despite her freakishly thick winged eyeliner application, ridiculous outfits and drunkie junkie problems, I think she was a great musician and everyone should have atleast ONE of her songs in their playlist. Don't fool me Gleeks. I know you have the Glee version of her songs. Ahah!
And to pay tribute to her, she will be the first to be in The Real Life's "Lady of The Month(LOTM)" segment, whereby those that move me, make me smile or just plain superwoman in disguise shall be revealed in this segment. So live on The Real Life, people. You could be one of them ;) And perhaps I will come up with other segments as well. You know.. Just to spice up The Real Life abit. Perhaps though, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.
Well then!
We did try to make her go to rehab, but she said no, no, no.
But I guess that's her way of serving her sense of free will.
What can I say amigos, I love her music. She's my favourite.
I guess this is goodbye, Amy Winehouse.






     
© 2006-2011 The Real Life. All rights reserved. *Best viewed in Chrome (1280 x 800 pixels)